Mandatory training for Elite Carers, regardless of experience, covers all of CQC’s 5 key requests
At Elite Live In Care, we believe everyone learns at different levels and pace. We also believe that training for experienced carers and inexperienced carers should be vastly different.
Mandatory training for Elite Carers, regardless of experience, covers all of CQC’s 5 key requests as well as giving the carer the opportunity to further their knowledge with experience.
For our inexperienced carers the completion of the Care Certificate is sufficient to ensure safe, effective practice and satisfies the regulatory compliance of Elite Live in Care Ltd. Before any of our carers are enrolled on to the Care Certificate, they must complete the Elite induction and satisfy our high standards of registration compliance.
Our training plan improves the knowledge of our carers and results in improvement of care delivery
For our experienced carers we only accept training that’s accredited to the standards we feel are appropriate for the level of quality we pride ourselves on. If our experienced recruiter feels the carer needs further training or the training already achieved is not adequate, you can rest assured, we would not allow the carer to care for our clients without further training.
If the experienced carer or their line manager feels further training is required in specific areas the Elite training program allows for this.
Our training could include, but not limited to;
- Complex care training I.E cough assist, tracheostomy etc.
- Mandatory training to focus on specific subjects the carer feels inadequately prepared for.
- Client specific training I.E complex M&H.
- Customer service training.
- Train the trainer to progress their career.
- And so on.
We believe this training plan will improve the knowledge of the carers and result in improvement of care giving and make the mandatory training less of a burden for the carer and more of an opportunity to progress and learn.
Course content overview covers the following subjects for all carers:
1. Health and Safety at Work
2. Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
3. Caldicott Principles
4. Fire Safety Awareness
5. Infection Control
6. Moving and Handling (Including Practical)
7. Choking (Adults)
9. Basic Life Support (Including Practical)
10. Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
11. Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 & 2)
12. Conflict Management
13. Lone Working
14. Food Hygiene
15. Welcome to Elite Livein Care